Outlaw Ocean Series Race 3: Lorne, Surfcoast, Victoria
The course will be an out-and-back 14-16km course, departing from Lorne beach, turning right around the Lorne pier and heading to a halfway turning buoy just past Cumberland River. The wind can be an asset for the major leg of this course. Swell won't be as much of an influence, but if we are lucky, the course will maximise the wind and bumps. More details on the course will made 3-4 days out from the event. One thing for sure is it will be downwind.
REGISTRATION AND PRESENTATIONS
Both registration and presentations to be held at the Outlaw event tent next to Lorne SLSC.
- 12.00pm: Signin and late registration opens
- 1.00pm: Signn and late registration closes
- 1.15pm: Race briefing
- 1.30pm: Race start for outriggers, sea kayaks, plastics and women. Intermediate male ocean ski paddlers and spec ski paddlers have the option of starting here or at 2.00pm
- 2.00pm: Race start for male ocean ski and spec ski paddlers
- 3.00pm: First finisher across the line
- 4:30pm: Presentation at Outlaw tent next to Lorne SLSC
Peak Adventure will be supplying kayaks to hire at a great price of only $30, which can include kayak, life jacket, paddle leash and paddle. To find out more, please follow the link below:
SPECTATOR VIEWING POINT
Depending on the course to be run on the day, the race can be viewed at Lorne Beach, Lorne Pier or, if we head out west along the coast from Lorne Pier, then at several points along the Great Ocean Road.
All competitors MUST have and wear a PFD and leashes/leg ropes must be attached from your boat to you. If you come off you have to be connected to your craft. Please do this for your own safety.